In order to better serve you we are using a support ticket system:
- First, please read the "Instructions" sections if you are not familiar with how the game works.
- Next, take a moment to consult the Frequently Asked Questions below, which addresses most common issues.
- If you need further assistance, please open a support ticket below or send an email to
We always appreciate your input, so if you have a suggestion, please post in the Suggestion Forum (after searching first to avoid duplicate topics).
Frequently Asked Questions
About my account
- 1. I didn't get my activation email, where is it?
Check your bulk mail folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts. You may sign up again but be sure to only activate one account. Keep in mind that sometimes the email is just delayed taking the scenic route through the internet.
- 2. I can't login, why?
First, make sure that you're using the right password. Fill out the "I forgot my password" form and try again with the password we send you. Still having problems? If you are using Internet Explorer, go to Tools=>Internet Options and drop the cookie protection level to "Medium High" (under Privacy tab) or [recommended] add www.speedsudoku.com to the Trusted sites (under Security tab). If you are using Firefox, go to Tools=>Options=>Privacy=>Cookies and check off "Allow sites to set Cookies" or [recommended] click on Exceptions to "Allow" www.speedsudoku.com. If you have McAffee or some other internet security software installed, you may also have to set it to allow cookies from www.speedsudoku.com.
- 3. I don't want my account anymore, will you delete it?
Once accounts are created they will not be deleted.
- 4. How do I change my username?
At this time you cannot change your username. However we will offer this service in the future.
- 5. Can I change my email address or password for Speed Sudoku?
Sure, just use visit Control Panel -> Profile -> Edit account settings.
- 6. My country flag is wrong. Can I change it?
Your country is determined automatically by looking up your IP address in a GeoIP database. It isn't meant to reflect your nationality. Furthermore, the database is only 99% accurate so some members may show an incorrect location. Unfortunately there is no way to override your country flag.
- 7. How long is it before an inactive account gets deleted?
Accounts do not get deleted, but they will drop off the Scoreboard if there is no activity in 30 days.
- 8. What is an avatar and how can I use one?
Avatars are small pictures that display each post. Each user may choose his/her own avatar. To use an avatar visit Control Panel -> Profile -> Edit avatar. You may use an image that is hosted on another site as your avatar. To do this, just enter the URI into the text field. It is recommended that the images are small and do not deform tables or distract people. If you have an image on your computer that you would like to use, you may upload the image to the server that the board is on. You may upload an image on your computer by clicking the Browse button. You may also upload an image by entering the URI that the image is located at.
- 9. What is a signature and how can I use one?
A signature is a picture or text appears below each of your forum posts. To add a signature visit Control Panel -> Profile -> Edit signature. From the forum guidelines: Signatures larger than 150 pixels high by 600 pixels wide just scream "I am compensating for something" and should be reduced in size.
- 10. How do I advance in rank? Can I get demoted?
Players move up and down the rankings as determined by their score and experience. Ranks requirements are explained in the Instructions.
- 11. Can I mail my payment for Premium Membership to you?
No. We don't want to deal with bounced cheques, cash lost in the mail, regular visits to the post office and manually updating records. All you need is a credit card or chequing account to pay via PayPal. Please use it if you can. Alternatively you can ask a friend or relative to buy you a Premium Membership Gift Certificate, always accessible from the "Home" page.
- 12. I paid for premium membership but I still don't have it. When will my account be updated?
As indicated on the Premium Membership page, payments made from a chequing account take 4 business days to clear. Don't worry, everyone gets what they paid for!
About the rules
- 13. Can more than one person play from the same computer?
Only if one of them has Premium Membership.
- 14. I think someone is cheating and has broken the rules, what should I do?
When you have a bad experience with other players you can add them to your foes if you no longer wish to play with them. If you feel certain about cheating, consider reporting them in the Cheating & Abuse Reports forum by posting a new topic.
- 15. I joined a game but it started without me. What gives?
If you logout or your session is idle for more than 15 minutes you will be automatically dropped from any waiting games.
- 16. Is there a certain amount of time a game can or will last?
Games end after 12 hours and anyone still playing is treated as if they quit.
- 17. How are points calculated?
The scoring formula is explained in the Instructions.
- 18. Can I view a friend's game?
Sure, just head to the Game Finder and enter either your friend's name or the game number.
About miscellaneous stuff
- 19. What are the system requirements?
- 20. Is there any software to install?
You don't need to install anything!
- 21. Are there any printable sudoku puzzles?
Sorry, our sudoku puzzles are not printable and must be solved online.
- 22. How do you spell sudoku?
- 23. Game Chat messages disappeared, what happened?
You placed the author(s) on your Foes List, so their messages were filtered out of the Game Chat.
- 24. Who is in charge?
Sudoking, the Webmaster, is assisted by a team of staff and volunteers who help keep everything in order.
- 25. Can I join the team?
Speed Sudoku is maintained in large part by the volunteer Team Speed Sudoku made up of members from the community who have taken on the responsibility of moderating, handling cheating accusations and helping members like you find answers to their questions.
If you would like to join Team Speed Sudoku the best way to do this is to be "modly" in the forum: If you cannot moderate without the tools and title, you will have a hard time moderating with the tools and title. Existing Team Speed Sudoku members are always looking out for potential members who are active, helping out others, and who don't let themselves get baited and don't bait others.
Be active and helpful and someone will approach you.
If this is your first time contacting us, please use the "open ticket" form below to open a new ticket. Otherwise if you would like to view the status of an existing ticket, enter your details in the "view status" form. Please login before making any inquiry regarding your account.