Speed Sudoku

Speed Sudoku - Play web sudoku puzzle games online for free!

Ready to play fast-paced sudoku races online? Create an account & start playing!

Race Game limits

The official source of Speed Sudoku news
Forum rules
Please read the forum guidelines before posting.

Re: Race Game limits

Postby den_zel on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:23 am

Sylvia Pan wrote:$25 USD is a bit expensive..... I am willing to pay $10-$15 USD/year.

But what about those people who have already paid the more expensive price?

I have an idea. Start from now just make it 10 USD for a year and for those has pay before this for 25 USD just give them 2 and half years membership. Maybe we also can make 1 USD per month. This will atrract people to be premium member as it is very low. Maybe 60 percent of us is willing to pay...
Grand Guru den_zel

Medals: 10
Easy Puzzle Medal (3) Medium Puzzle Medal (3) Hard Puzzle Medal (2) Very Hard Puzzle Medal (2)

Postby Caedda on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:58 pm

den_zel wrote:I have an idea. Start from now just make it 10 USD for a year and for those has pay before this for 25 USD just give them 2 and half years membership. Maybe we also can make 1 USD per month. This will atrract people to be premium member as it is very low. Maybe 60 percent of us is willing to pay...

I'm pretty sure the small prices like that, especially the $1 ones, are not possible because of having to pay credit card and PayPal fees.
If you have any questions or issues, feel free to send me a PM.

Grand Master Caedda

Postby calgary on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:31 am

Ask people to pay a $10 credit and deduct a dollar a month.
Grand Master calgary

Medals: 12
Easy Puzzle Medal (3) Medium Puzzle Medal (3) Hard Puzzle Medal (3) Very Hard Puzzle Medal (3)

Postby betterman_hk on Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:44 pm

I just afraid...

even I'm willing to pay for permium member, but turn out if there're only very few ppl would like to pay for it, then I need to wait for a long time to gather enough ppl to start a game...probably I can just play several games for every 12 hrs...it will be meaningless for me to pay $25 a year...

if you can find the way to make the membership more attractive, to ensure there will be more ppl willing to pay for it...and the main point is, to ensure we don't need to wait too long for a 8 users race game...otherwise, I'm worrying I can just play several games a day after I paid...
Grand Guru betterman_hk

Easy Puzzle Medal (3) Medium Puzzle Medal (3) Hard Puzzle Medal (2) Very Hard Puzzle Medal (2)

Postby craigg12 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:17 pm

betterman_hk wrote:then I need to wait for a long time to gather enough ppl to start a game...

I agree. However - I figured if I want to keep this thing going ALL I can do is my part. If enough people have that attitude we won't have to worry about it. If it doesnt work out then at least I supported something I like.

leilabr wrote:Another point is about the new users. Please, give them a free period, say one month. First hook them, then charge.

Its obvious that numerous accounts have been created by the same player(s). The above suggestion would encourage more of this. Also - multiple accounts would allow more play time per 12 hour period. My suggestion would be to allow game play for new users - but they are only there as a ghost player. They can submit their answer to check but not be awarded any points - not be awarded a new best time - not be able to chat - no one even knows they are there. In fact, this would be a good option for all non-member players. Then premium membership has the beneift of having a place in the ss.com community. Buying in allows you to participate.
Perhaps more games could be allowed per 12 hour period. However - if you exceed your 1/12 - you never gain points - you always lose points even if you get 1st. So if you want to keep playing past your allocation - you've got to pay with your points. :twisted:
Grand Guru craigg12

Medals: 11
Easy Puzzle Medal (2) Medium Puzzle Medal (3) Hard Puzzle Medal (3) Very Hard Puzzle Medal (3)

Postby betterman_hk on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:42 pm

craigg12 wrote:
betterman_hk wrote:then I need to wait for a long time to gather enough ppl to start a game...

I agree. However - I figured if I want to keep this thing going ALL I can do is my part. If enough people have that attitude we won't have to worry about it. If it doesnt work out then at least I supported something I like.

if you think this way...support something I like is the other reason for joining permium member...

if my concern is wrong, I can still gather enough ppl to start a game within a minute after 23Aug...then, I'll support it, because that is what I like, I like this site...
but what if, I need to wait for so long to start a game...then this site has already became what I dislike...
if so, how can I convince myself to support something I dislike...
Grand Guru betterman_hk

Postby wcaclimbing on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:12 pm

I still think that the regular race games should be unlimited for everyone. The premium should allow for new game variants, such as killer sudoku and all those other versions.
Join the first mafia game on SpeedSudoku!
Click here: http://www.speedsudoku.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=174

Support the "First 5's and Top 5's Scoreboard"
Click here: http://www.speedsudoku.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=186
Beginner wcaclimbing

Medals: 4
Easy Puzzle Medal (2) Medium Puzzle Medal (1) Hard Puzzle Medal (1)

Postby sudoking on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:58 pm

Thanks everyone for your feedback :)

It's clear that the biggest concern is that the limits will drive people away and make it hard to fill a game.

Well, I'm determined not to let that happen. As Caedda mentioned, when the limits begin we will also launch a marketing drive to recruit a lot more players, which should help. Also, I'll keep an eye on the average time to fill a game, and if it drops significantly we'll adjust things as necessary.
Novice sudoking
Webmaster

Postby vulcan on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:09 am

Hi, Me again
I am hesitating on signing up for the Premium membership for mainly one reason. You said that the reason for introducing game limits was 'cos you amongst other things couldn't afford your gourmet peanut butter etc 'cos you were losing money. As I have said before in a previous post, $25 USD (about £15 Sterling) is good value for money, but I am worried as to what happens if I sign up but you continue to lose money 'cos not enough of the free players also sign up. Since I cannot expect anyone to continue at a loss, you will fold this site, and I will have lost out.
What are your contingency plans if the restriction of free games does not succeed in you at least breaking even, and what are your timescale projections for the future of this site?
Also, please confirm that if I sign up, I will not be restricted to just 1 game every 12 hours
Cheers
Beginner vulcan

Medals: 6
Easy Puzzle Medal (2) Medium Puzzle Medal (2) Hard Puzzle Medal (1) Very Hard Puzzle Medal (1)

Postby sudoking on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:11 pm

You bring up valid concerns, vulcan. I've decided to play it safe and only impose Race Game limits on new members starting next week. Anyone who has joined Speed Sudoku before that time will be able to continue playing unlimited races for, well, quite a while :) This will let us keep a solid base of people to play with as I work on developing a new gameplay option.

vulcan wrote:Also, please confirm that if I sign up, I will not be restricted to just 1 game every 12 hours

Yes I can confirm this. In fact, the premium page now lists Play UNLIMITED Race Games as a perk.
Novice sudoking
Webmaster

Something you might want to consider....

Postby jasper on Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:55 am

I just moved to Taiwan. There are quite a few on-line Ma-Jiang games here. I don't know if you are familiar with the Chinese Ma-Jiang. Usually the site will give a new member some free "money" to start with ($1,500 I think)....should last several games if you are a good player, or a long time or even forever if you are a really good player. Then if you loose it all then you will have to buy in order to play. The site has set an automatic minimun balance of $888(enough to play one game) and the system is renewed every 24 hours. So say if today you lose all your money therefore cannot play, you can play again tomorrow because your balance will be $888. Of course $888 is only good for one game if you loose, but if you play well and keep winning, $888 can keep you going for a while or forever.
I do not want to turn this site into a gambling site, but I wouldn't mind to add some "fun" into it. Perhaps you can keep the scores as is, but only turn it into "sudoku dollars". Then whoever wants to buy more sudoku dollars, you can sell at 100 sudoku dollars/$1US (or even less), and minimum purchase is $15. A member needs to have certain amount of "money" to play more advanced level games. This way, you can make your old members happy, and attract new members.
I think these sites in Taiwan are quite profitable. They give out prizes very often, and they even have their own competition.
Guru jasper

Postby calgary on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:54 am

Thankyou oh king of sudoku!

:D

You are great and good and generous
Grand Master calgary

Medals: 12
Easy Puzzle Medal (3) Medium Puzzle Medal (3) Hard Puzzle Medal (3) Very Hard Puzzle Medal (3)

Postby den_zel on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:56 am

Yeah!!! Thank you... =D> I am glad about that..
Grand Guru den_zel

Postby sudoking on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Subject: Race Game limits

leilabr wrote:Please create some buttons tha would fit in the side bar of blogs. I have just started one (http://www.desenvolvendosoftware.com.br/) and the referral banners would not fit well. Thanks.

Nice blog and good idea :)

I just added a smaller image to our Referral Program page:

Cheers,
sudoking
Novice sudoking
Webmaster

Postby Sadie on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Why don't you guys want to support Speedsudoku? We love it so much and we would hate to see it disappear. The cost is so minimal. C'mon, everyone!
Beginner Sadie

Medals: 2
Easy Puzzle Medal (1) Medium Puzzle Medal (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements