Speed Sudoku

Speed Sudoku - Play web sudoku puzzle games online for free!

Ready to play fast-paced sudoku races online? Create an account & start playing!

Live Chat With Caedda [Next: June 30 @ Noon CDT]

Talk about all things related to Speed Sudoku
Forum rules
Please read the forum guidelines before posting.

Live Chat With Caedda [Next: June 30 @ Noon CDT]

Postby Caedda on Wed May 27, 2009 7:09 pm

Happy Summer Everybody!!

As Speed Sudoku continues to grow into our first summer, I want to get feedback from you about what could be good for the site. As Community Manager and Staff member, my job is to find ways to grow the site as well as provide a friendly Forum and Live Chat for everyone to participate and interact. I think a good way to help prioritize my goals for the summer is to hear from the community about how you want to build the site. I have a few ideas, like expanding our Frequently Asked Questions list, but I want your opinions as well.

If you would like to share your (friendly) opinions with me, please join me in Live Chat on Thursday, May 28, from 2:00-3:30 PM CDT (8:00-9:30 PM GMT).

If you are unable to come to the chat, please leave your comments here. Or better yet, visit the Suggestions & Bug Reports Forum.

I hope to see many of you there.

~Caedda

*Disclaimer: I'm searching for ideas, that does not mean I will automatically use everything that is suggested. I also do not have control over site coding, but I can bring issues up with sudoking.
If you have any questions or issues, feel free to send me a PM.

Grand Master Caedda

Re: Live Chat With Caedda

Postby Androosh on Wed May 27, 2009 7:11 pm

Sounds interesting...I'll be there. :)
Novice Androosh

Postby Caedda on Thu May 28, 2009 1:51 pm

Alright, time for Live Chat if anyone wants to join me.

Grand Master Caedda

Postby The Librarian on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:18 pm

Was anything interesting discussed? How about a report!
Average The Librarian

Postby lancehoch on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:24 pm

There was some dialog as to what people would be willing to pay for premium (or not pay as the case may be).
Grand Master lancehoch

Medals: 6
Easy Puzzle Medal (2) Medium Puzzle Medal (2) Hard Puzzle Medal (1) Very Hard Puzzle Medal (1)

Postby wcaclimbing on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:50 pm

Can we have another one of these soon?
I didn't get in the last one till there were only 5 minutes left.
Then my internet connection quit on me and Caedda was gone when I got back...
Beginner wcaclimbing

Medals: 4
Easy Puzzle Medal (2) Medium Puzzle Medal (1) Hard Puzzle Medal (1)

Postby Caedda on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:56 pm

Yeah, I'll probably do another one sometime. I've been distracted with some other stuff recently, and I haven't been able to meet with sudoking about stuff.

Grand Master Caedda

Re: Live Chat With Caedda [Next: June 30 @ Noon CDT]

Postby Caedda on Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:49 pm

I've been meaning to do another of these sooner, but I have not been able to make the time. I've chosen the next Live Chat time to be on Tuesday, June 30, at Noon CDT (5:00 PM GMT). I hope many of you can make it.

Grand Master Caedda

Postby wcaclimbing on Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:50 pm

darn... I'm going to miss this one too.
Join the first mafia game on SpeedSudoku!
Click here: http://www.speedsudoku.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=174

Support the "First 5's and Top 5's Scoreboard"
Click here: http://www.speedsudoku.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=186
Beginner wcaclimbing

Medals: 4
Easy Puzzle Medal (2) Medium Puzzle Medal (1) Hard Puzzle Medal (1)

Postby Pia Harding on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:34 am

I´ll be there :D
Grand Master Pia Harding

Medals: 12
Easy Puzzle Medal (3) Medium Puzzle Medal (3) Hard Puzzle Medal (3) Very Hard Puzzle Medal (3)

Postby Caedda on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:20 pm

Alright, I'm in chat for the next couple hours if anyone wishes to drop in.

Grand Master Caedda

Postby Caedda on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:53 pm

I apparently need to pick better times to show up because only 2 people came today (I was a few minutes late though).

Topics Mentioned:
    Include the Forum and Chat Guidelines under the Rules tab as a drop-down
    Utilize color-change when making pencil marks
    Design a dunce-cap for cheaters

I hope to see more people next time.

Grand Master Caedda

Postby gauravkorde on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:40 am

Caedda wrote:I apparently need to pick better times to show up because only 2 people came today (I was a few minutes late though).

Topics Mentioned:
    Include the Forum and Chat Guidelines under the Rules tab as a drop-down
    Utilize color-change when making pencil marks
    Design a dunce-cap for cheaters

I hope to see more people next time.

i donno its i believe very difficult to get many players to chat at the same time... many of them come only to play and dont give a damn about chatting or being active in the forums.... they like to play with whatever rules the admin has decided to!!

anyways as i was not available yesterday night, i would like to give my opinion on the points you mentioned...
about using colour change for pencilmarks....!! i believe the best site for solving sudoku online is the one which feels to be an almost exact replica of solving sudoku on paper...!! so basically the player doesnt feel much different from solving on paper...!!
and i have seen many people use 4-5 different coloured pens/pencils while solving (i donno what they do with it but i am assuming they must be using it for guessing) so to please these kind of players it would be great if you can add a colour menu on top of the solving board where one can select any colour for entering the digits!! so if one changes the coulour in midway, the digits he enters from then on will be of diff colour!!

another thing is for pencilmarks it would be better if you divide every 81 cells into 2 parts horizontally: one large part for the digit in the cell and the small part for writing anything like letters,numbers, signs etc for pencilmarks!! like for example you can check youplay.com or fed-sudoku.eu .... that is the standard form of pencilmark used on all the better sudoku sites!!

about cheaters!! i believe if someone is found guilty of cheating in one game then he surely has to be cheating in most of the games he has played till now!! i can see that sudokuking disqualifies the cheaters from the game mentioned in the forums... but what about the other games they have played!! its unfair to other players in the games where he/she is not disqualified!!
so my suggestion would be to if someone is found to be cheating just warn him and scrap all his data and let him start from the beginning.... kind of a punishment for cheating!! and if you find him cheating again then just ban him!!
Grand Guru gauravkorde

Medals: 10
Easy Puzzle Medal (3) Medium Puzzle Medal (3) Hard Puzzle Medal (2) Very Hard Puzzle Medal (2)

Postby gauravkorde on Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:14 am

And i also think that after submitting if there is a mistake then it should be considered as incorrect answer and the player should be considered as failed or something like a different penalty in terms of points... that will keep the top players a lot more cautious and anyways i believe if the solution is wrong one cant get a 2nd chance to correct it!! If even 1 cell is wrong then entire solution is wrong!! also it will give more importance to the percentage statistic mentioned in the scoreboard rather than just 100% for most of the players!!
Grand Guru gauravkorde

Medals: 10
Easy Puzzle Medal (3) Medium Puzzle Medal (3) Hard Puzzle Medal (2) Very Hard Puzzle Medal (2)

BUY REGISTERED PASSPORTS,DRIVERS LICENSES,ID CARDS, AND ENGL

Postby yanbolis on Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:41 am

We are a team of professionals with many years of experience in manufacturing forged passports and other identity documents, the best producers of quality fake documents. With more than 10 million documents circulating in the world.
We offer only original high qualities of true-false passport, driver license, ID cards, stamps, birth certificates, international fake diplomas and other products for a number of countries like: USA, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Norway Canada, Italy, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain,
United Kingdom.
We are also providing Verifiable IELTS Certificates; TOEFL , SAS and other english exams:

For more information about our services contact us ;

whatsapp : 00237 651973944

email : kollie.brianna02@gmail.com

Feel free to contact us anytime and in any discretion.
Trainee yanbolis

Next

Return to General Discussion